Saturday 5 November 2011

Could my Surgery be a good thing?...

I was told by NHS Direct to go straight to A&E (Nearest being 19 miles away) after i told them about the Agony i am in and other symptoms.
While at the hospital i had a few tests done and they told me that they think i have Gallstones and that other symptoms i have indicate that i could have an infection from it...
For some strange reason you cannot arrange a scan there and i was told to see my local Doctor and arrange for a scan to be done back at the hospital and if it shows i do have Gallstones (Which is looking very very likely) I will need my Gallbladder removed and any stones that have got stuck elsewhere.
My point of this post is that although i am scared of the thought of Surgery, In a way i think it will be a good thing because if my daughter ever does need Surgery at least i can relate to how scared she will be (Of course my surgery is not anywhere near as bad as heart surgery but still!)
Also could be positive for her if i put on a brave face and then come out and tell her it hurt but was for the best and Mummy is happy then maybe that will help her if it comes to surgery for her.
This is what i am hoping anyway!
Sorry for a non Marfan related boring post but i really wanted to jot it down here.

Here's hoping anybody reading this has a FANTASTIC week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment